Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Oh happy day, I'm in Florida.

Well this past week has certainly been interesting.

I worked a ton on the weekend...Sunday I did a double and they asked me to work a midnight shift on top of that...even i wasn't so stupid as to say yes.

My one psych prof sent an email Sunday saying that our exam that is April 24 had been moved to the next day(Monday), i freaked. I called the head of the Psych department on Monday asking how they can do that and forwarded him the email...Didn't I feel the dummy when he phones me back and says to scroll down...it said April Fool's. Not a funny joke to my mind.

I made it on the plane with Shadow yesterday without a hitch. No one asked me for any I.D. on her or her health status, which surprised me a little. We had a lot of turbulence on the flight...quite bad..of course the worst was when I was in the bathroom..trying to pull my pants up.

My dr came to pick me up at the airport, never have I seen such a happier site but to see him sitting there waiting for me. He was a sight for sore eyes. I didn't realize how much I had missed seeing him til I did again. I was good, lol, no crying. It's funny all the things you don't realize how much you're missing until you get them again. Like cuddling up at night, or waking up beside each other in the morning...just sitting next to each other on the love seat, or going out and doing something together. I think going home this time will be the worst so far, I can feel tears welling up all ready. It would make sense each time at least for me has gotten progressively harder.

Dr's little man phoned tonight to talk to his Dad, and then he talked with his peanut. She asked to talk to me, that put a huge grin on my face. Generally she has been quite shy, but she can be such a sweetie. Now the logical reason she wanted to speak with me was to make sure I remembered her birthday next week and have a gift for her, but I'd like to hope that somewhere in there she likes me too. Darned thing her bedroom is a mess, I pulled out all her clothes for us to go through so we can see what she needs for a birthday gift, the messy thing has 24 pairs of socks in 3 different drawers. Plus a box full of clothes which I dug out from under the bed and off the floor. I haven't' been brave enough to look in the little man's room. Last time I was here he had clean and dirty clothing all over the floor and bed, both his and peanuts.

Today dr and I went to the movies, our first together. I was lucky enough to be invited to tag along with him and friends to see "Blades of Glory." It was quite funny. Something else to add to my memories, I kept the movie stubs...lol just like our fortunes from my first visit...gosh I'm so sentimental sometimes.

Looks like tomorrow will be cleaning and shopping. We need Easter stuff for the kids, and peanut's birthday present.

Awww, my sweetie liked his very late Christmas, Birthday and early Easter gifts. I'm so glad. I feel just a little bit better about it. I felt so absolutely horrid that I couldn't get him what I wanted for the holidays.

Sometimes, I wonder about where we're going or what we're doing and I want to rush so badly. Luckily one of us has the sense not too. But, I haven't felt as happy in a long time as I do when I am here. I guess that is part of what makes it so hard going back. I can't even say home anymore it doesn't feel like home anymore.

Man, you know you are so happy when you're a pogo addict and you don't even go on. Last time I didn't go on at all. This time I may depending if I have time to get my badges. Lol, if you guys feel like doing them knock yourself out. I had planned on doing my last 2003 badge for my personal this week, but yanno...I could care less, I just want to be with my dr.

OK, enough gibber jabber as he says, well enough time away from him.

Love you guys...talk soon

An ecstatically happy Zippy.

1 comment:

Burfica said...

I'm so glad your happy honey, and you and shadow made it okay. How is she adjusting this week???

Enjoy every minute and don't think about crying till you have to. Summer will be here soon enough.

Love you tons!!!!