Monday, March 26, 2007

Today...March 26, 2007...Ugh

Well...after contemplating and hemming and hawing, and saying I was going to start journaling again. I decided I better get off my butt and do it.

I chose this site, because my two best friends/sisters have their blogs here, and figured here was as good as any.

Let's see where to start.

Who am I?
I'm Zippiestfriend...zippy to my friends online. I'm a good listener, pretty happy for the most part. A 36 year old student and I work part time. I have 3 kids that live elsewhere for various reasons, I'm sure I"ll get into at some point. I have a boyfriend that lives many miles away(Florida to be exact), whom I love dearly but who frustrates me to no end sometimes. I have family that is spread all across the US and Canada. I"m in a town I moved to for school, and feel very isolated. Health wise I"m heavier than I should be(aren't we all), I am prone to depression(fighting it row now on my own, but hard with paper/exam time coming up), I'm a cancer survivor twice now. Even my two bestest friends burpy and darrrlin live far away one only a few hours(we'll meet someday for Tim's tea) and burpy is in AZ(I'll be there one day too).

Well, why do I need the urge to blog?
I can get quite emotional at times, and having a journal of sorts to vent and then go back and read can be helpful. A way to come to concrete decisions, a way to not redo past mistakes. Also, my poor dr(my boyfriend) seems to bear the brunt of my emotionalism and though he doesn't complain he doesn't deserve to be dumped on. He's not perfect but no one deserves that. And even though at times I have dumped on my burpy and darrlin, I know they love me and want the best for me and don't take it personally. I really am lucky to have such awesome friends. I have not a doubt in my mind if I called and said I need to see ya, they'd say drive or hop a plane.

Today
Well there is nothing specific going on today. My dr has his kids for spring break so he's busy with them(as he should be), burpy is out and about now that her kiddo is back from his spring break, and darrlin is prolly getting ready for work. Me, I should be getting my ass in gear, but I"m not, I"m procrastinating. I have a paper due in one class that I have procrastinated over. Part of it is my fear of failure and the other is laziness I guess. So, any adult students out there feel free to give me a swift kick.

Ok, I"m off to procrastinate more...stupid cat dug in a plant and has dirt all over my beige carpet..guess I should clean that up too.

3 comments:

Canadian flake said...

Welcome to our world of blogging...I am glad to have another blog to read and make snarky comments at..hee hee. And you know that anytime u need a kick in the ass to get your homework done...well I am always happy to help. hee hee hee. I like listening to your school work because I find it very interesting..especially the brain class you take. Love u lots always and forever

Burfica said...

I would kick ya in the butt just for the pleasure of kickin. hehehehehe

Maybe you should build kitty a sandbox to play in. Wait, not a good idea, she'd probably poop in it. hehehehehe

MomThatsNuts said...

Welcome to blogdom..I have spent several years here, it is quite therapudic and also you know what they say, trouble shared is half the trouble, joy shared is double!! or something like that thats the way it works in my mom brain!!!

mom